- Letterman….not Leno!
- I love Egg Nog! Passionately. Grew up loving Egg Nog. I also grew up in a home where my parents never had alcohol around…so my first attempt at “spiking the nog” was at my friend Eryc’s house when I was a senior in high school…not knowing any better…I mixed my beverage 50/50 Rum and Egg Nog…about died it was so nasty!!!
- I once bought 10 Winnie the Pooh ceiling fan’s on clearance at Target for $10 each…and sold them on ebay for an average of $120 per fan.
- I’ve been a fan of the Seattle Seahawks since they entered the NFL in 1976.
- When Michael Jackson’s song ‘Beat It’ was number 1 on radio, my mom emphatically lectured me on how he would simply be a one hit wonder and never be successful in the music industry.
- I Had Pleurisy for 2 weeks in 1996…incredibly painful.
- As a teenager I had two band posters on my wall….Petra and Stryper! I later had the opportunity to work on solo recording projects with both Greg X. Volz and Michael Sweet (lead singers for Petra and Stryper.)
- Memorized all of the books of The Bible in song form at the age of 5.
- I was an audience member for one episode of the PTL Club….Jim & Tami Baker’s show! Now that I think about it, I was also a member of the studio audience for one episode of the Phil Donahue show as well….oh, so much to be proud of!
- I didn’t like coffee until I was 30 years old.
- I occasionally get a small royalty check from BMI for one of my songs that plays on the radio in South Africa.
- I have landed on a few basic Life Precepts that pretty much get me through any situation: a.) A hammer fixes anything, b.) Duct tape fixes everything else, c.) Never eat restaurant tomatoes, d.) Always expect incompetence.
- I was paid $750 to do a dinner show for 17 uninterested people (bussed in from a local trailer park) in an Italian catering facility with a Casio mini-keyboard (no sustain pedal) in Dayton, New Jersey.
- My favorite beer is Sierra Nevada Crystal Wheat.
- I was a licensed minister with a church in Australia for several years…even though I’ve never been there.
- I make Chocolate Chip Waffles for my kids every Saturday morning!
- I saw Phantom Of The Opera in Los Angeles….but during this run, The Phantom was played by Robert Gillome (star of TV’s Benson)….and the whole time I kept waiting for him to yell out “Krause!!!”
- I have a great fear of the church-potluck-mystery-meatloaf.
- I have a scar on my forehead from being hit by a rock thrown by a pastor’s kid in the parking lot at church when I was 6 years old….in fact….now that I think about it….I have several scars from injuries in the parking lot at church….the one on my knee is pretty gnarly.
- Ummm….I had a mullet.
I’m sure there are more….but that was probably 20 more than you needed.
Your turn…random factoids and absurdities please!?!
Leave a comment below…