I’ve been working with World Vision since 1998. In 2000 I began to work specifically with World Vision’s Hope Initiative to help people in our world who are vulnerable because of HIV/AIDS. The need is HUGE!!! Here are a few stats:
- Every 90 seconds, another child becomes infected with HIV
- Most children living with HIV acquire the virus during pregnancy, birth or breastfeeding.
- Without the right care, HIV positive moms have a 1 in 3 chance of passing the virus on to their children.
- Every day, 740 children die because of AIDS – one child every two minutes
- Without treatment, nearly half of all children living with HIV will die before their second birthday.
- Sponsoring a Hope Child will transform the life of an AIDS affected child. Your monthly gift will provide access to basic life necessities and give your sponsored child, his or her family, and their communityhope for a better future.
Here are a few ways you can help:
Visit www.worldvision.org/worldaidsday to learn more.
Thanks for helping out!